10 Foods to Help Reduce Stress
We all feel stressed from time to time and sometimes it's hard to know what to do about it. Here are 10 foods to help reduce stress that you just might want to consider eating more of, particularly in times of stress!
- Avocados: contain B vitamins which help promote healthy nerves and brain cells. They are also high in monounsaturated fat and potassium which help lower blood cholesterol.
- Almonds: are rich in vitamin B2 and vitamin E which help support the immune system and protect the body in times of stress.
- Blueberries: are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C which helps repair and protect cells whenever stressed.
- Oranges: are full of vitamin C which is known to effectively lower cortisol levels in the body.
- Grapefruit: full of antioxidants that help fight stress and boosts the immune system.
- Carrots: contain carotenoids which fight oxidative stress and boost the immune system as well.
- Salmon: a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids that help keep adrenaline and cortisol from spiking and help protect you're heart when stressed.
- Lemon Balm Tea: full of antioxidants which help reduce stress and improve metabolism!
- Spinach: full of magnesium which regulates cortisol levels and provides a feeling of calmness.
- Dark Chocolate (woohoo!): reduces the cortisol levels of the body and full of antioxidants that help repair cells in the body.