7 Gut Healthy Foods That Will Make Your Body Smile
Here are our 7 favourite gut healthy foods. Eat them and you’ll be on the road to feeling better, thinking more clearly, and having more energy:
7 Gut Healthy Foods
- Healthy fats – An easy rule to remember is that you should only eat fats from foods you can eat and can squeeze to get out the oil. Examples include sunflower seed oil, olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil. Grass-fed butter and ghee are good choices too.
- Nuts and seeds, as well as their butters, are rich in fiber. That’s good for gut health. They also contain healthy fats and lots of protein, vitamins and minerals. Opt for almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and chia.
- Non-starchy vegetables like carrots, asparagus, leeks and radishes
- Non-starchy fruits like apples, grapefruit, oranges, cherries, tomatoes, avocados and rhubarb
- Clean and lean proteins like free-range poultry, wild-caught fish, and grass-fed meats are higher in Omega-3 fats, vitamin E, CLA and beta-carotene.
- Fermented foods like kimchi, kefir and unpasteurised sauerkraut contain beneficial bacteria. Taking them in boosts the healthy bacteria in your microbiome.
- Chickpeas and lentils support gut health and have an anti-inflammatory effect. If you're battling any sort of gastrointestinal flare up or issues, I still recommend you skip any legumes and seeds until it heals.
In addition to adding these healthy, gut-healing foods, there are other steps you can take. Try slowing down your digestion by eating fiber-rich foods. Some good choices include gluten-free oatmeal and ground flaxseeds.
If you have heard about probiotics and want to add them to your diet, it’s a great idea. One of the best options is one of the fruits you are probably most familiar with: the apple. All kinds of fresh produce can provide the nutrients, fibers and microbes you need, but one apple offers an amazing 100 million different microbes, plus fiber. You can’t do much better than that for less money!
What gut health questions do you have? Remember, I'm always here and happy to help! Leave your comments or questions below!
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. Today say to yourself over and over “I will make my body smile” and know you’re worth it!
Yours in health and happiness,
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.