LOW CARB SNACK RECIPES
Take a sneak peak at one of our delicious recipes from our 30-Day Transformation Program:
It is a good idea to eat three meals and no more than two snacks throughout the day. A snack in the morning and one in the afternoon can keep your blood sugar level balanced, ensuring you have sustained energy throughout the day. Snacks can often be seen as a treat and therefore become unhealthy. It is very important to eat healthy snacks and only eat them if you are genuinely hungry. It is also important to combine carbohydrate and protein in your snacks.
Fruit & Nut Energy Bars
(Makes Approx. 5 bars or 10 balls. Eat 1 bar or 2 balls as a snack)
- 8 Organic Dates
- 5 Dried Figs (Optional)
- 35g of Almonds
- 90g Raw Uncooked Oats, blended into powder
- 1 Serving of Chocolate Protein Powder
Add in small amounts of water if needed to bind. Blend/pulse in blender: prunes, figs and almonds. Then add oats and protein powder.
NOTE: Very sticky consistency and the nuts are not evenly chopped. Roll into balls or bars, wrap individual bars in plastic wrap, and place in the freezer until ready to eat.
Forget the bread; next time you’re serving chicken, seafood or tuna salad, try serving it in an avocado half instead.
- 85g Cooked Chicken Breast, cubed or 113g Cooked Shrimp or Cottage Cheese tastes great!
- 2 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt (full fat recommended)
- 30g Organic Celery, thinly sliced
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- ⅛ tsp of Curry or Turmeric Spice
- 1 Organic Avocado
Mix all ingredients together and place in both halves of avocado. Scoop out and enjoy!
Vegetarian Option: Instead of chicken, use cottage cheese.
Simple Cinnamon Kefir
- 85g Plain Kefir
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Raw Stevia or Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup Organic Berries of Your Choice
Mix all together and enjoy!
- 300g Cooked or Canned Chickpeas
- 120ml of the Bean Liquid or Water
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 34g Sesame Tahini (Available at health food stores or in the natural food section of most supermarkets or Google an easy way to make your own)
- 2 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 Organic Lemon
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Vegetables of Your Choice (on side)
Put all ingredients (except vegetables of choice) into a blender or food processor and pulse together.
- 113g Plain Full Fat Greek Yogurt or 1 Serving Protein or Collagen Powder
- 37g Fresh or Frozen Organic Berries
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds or Crushed Raw Nuts, sprinkled on top
Mix together in a bowl and enjoy.
Want to get your hands on heaps more healthy recipes and transform your body in 30-days? Email: email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. Today say to yourself over and over “My body is worth delicious and nutritious foods”
Yours in health and happiness,